Slings and Arrows - Pete's Evo Blog

Yawn, yes another blog about blogging:-) This one takes a robust look at the use of blogs in EFL.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Silence

Nathan is worried that this blog has gone rather quiet. Not to worry, all is well, though I have been out of action with a bug for the last few days - me not my computer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have been taking a look at LiveJournal, following Daf's suggestion and it does offer a solution to some of the problems I raised about interaction. It provides separate message boards for each journal page, allowing users to comment on comments and build up some kind of meaningful discussion.

However, I am not keen on the way the way Live Journal is set up. Access to templates is really only available to paying users - free users can make minor changes and can pick from a range of readymade templates. Unfortunately the discussion boards seem to lie outside the template system, so I am not sure that whether it is possible to change the way they look.

I am also not sure how the RSS feeds work for live journal. I suspect that they only cover postings to the journal itself, rather than the comments pages.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I will be posting some thoughts about blogs and ease of use shortly (well tomorrow at the latest).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home